Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Marathon time.....maybe

We are off to Singapore and I will hopefully be running the marathon that I trained four months for. I had no running related injuries the entire time and things were looking good until a nasty flu virus decided to invade me and overstay its welcome by a week or so. I have now been sick with the flu for over two weeks and only run once in 16 days, which was very painful and did not offer much hope. The plan is to quickly recover by Sunday or beg my way into the half marathon.
My backup marathon plan is now in the works courtesy of the just announced Bangalore Midnight Marathon on December 14th. The organizers of this marathon opend up registration only two weeks before the actual race. Most people need at least 3-4 months to train but this group can pull it off it two weeks! A few perks if I do run it: It will cost me $4.50 to enter and it passes right in front of Palm Meadows a few times if I decide I have had enough mid race, which will be about 2-3 in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Run Bob Run!